I’m all for guilty pleasures, like watching Center Stage on Netflix for the millionth time and singing loudly to Single Ladies in the car. And crafting is no different. There are some things on Pinterest that we’re really drawn to, but probably wouldn’t tell our friends we spent 46 hours making ’em. In no particular order, here are 7 craft guilty pleasures. Enjoy!
1. Glitter: Shiny objects bring out the magpie in me for sure. From unnecessarily glittery mugs to clothes to housewares. I love it all! But do we really need glittered pencils?! Probably not. But thank you, thank you to The Crafted Life for collecting some great ones.
2. Decoupage: When all else fails, glue some stuff on it! ModPdge, I adore you. Seriously, I’ve a problem. Not sure that I need 18 ways to decoupage mason jars, but let’s do it anyway!
3. And while we’re on the subject: Mason Jars. I do feel especially summery when I’m sipping a cold drink from a mason jar, but come on people. But if you still can’t get enough, here are a 100 mason jar crafts & diys. 100. Wow.
4. Nutella. This one is lost on me, but you guys LOVE it. Am I the only person in the world who really, really doesn’t care for Nutella? Will I be eradicated from existance, will my Pinterest account be revoked? Nervous to say the least. But here I stand proud saying “I’m just not that into you, Nutella.” BUT for the rest of the world here’s why Chibird hearts the stuff.
5. The overly extravagant birthday party for your little 1-year-old prince or princess (who may or may not have cried and/or slept through the whole darn thing). I love doing fun stuff for my kiddos and celebrating the fact that they have stayed alive a little bit longer each year. But Pinterest makes me feel like my kids are gonna need a lot of therapy for missing out on these incredibly styled parties. For some incredible fêtes check out this blog. I want that kid’s party for myself!
6. American Girl Sewing Patterns. These things have better clothing that most of the people I know. Necessary? Absolutely not. But cute? Uh, yeah. So go make that doll the Halloween apron she’s been dying for! Holy cute!
7. T-shirt Refashions of the particularly slicey variety. Does anyone really wear these in real life? There are some really cute ones out there, too. Maybe I’m just lazy on this one. Here are 10 you might want to check out.
I’m gonna combine numbers 6 and 7 and make some sliced-up t’s for me and Lola’s (Target version) “American” doll. And then we’re gonna watch Center Stage. Again. Don’t judge.
So, what are your crafty guilty pleasures? I’d actually really like to know. Really.